McDermott Security Operations Manager in Houston, Texas
Title: Security Operations Manager
The security manager – operations. Supports the area security director in the development and implementation of the Security Strategy for the area. Contributes and supports the QHSES Taking the Lead culture program across the area. Supports development and ensures implementation within the area of the Global Security plans, procedures and guidelines. Provides support for project execution, continual improvement of processes and measurements of business performance.
· Provide management and assistance to facilities in selection and operations of physical security needs.
· Oversees (and/or conducts) security-related investigations
· Acts as the area Security Director, in absence of.
· Fosters the implementation, communication and understanding of security across the organization.
· Supports development and implementation of the tools and processes required to support the Security function.
· Measures and continuously improves the effectiveness of the Security function and processes.
· Conducts security audits, assessment and reviews to support facilities and every phase of a project.
· Liaises internally with Operations, Functional Managers, Area QHSES Leadership as well as externally with Clients, Industry Peers, Regulatory Agencies, Bespoke and external security providers, Law Enforcement/Military in countries where MDR operate.
· Ability to work as a team member as well as act as team leader.
· Maintain key competencies associated with the Security function.
· Communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken.
· Be conversant with local and international laws, codes, regulations and norms.
· Network effectively throughout MDR and liaise with other functions on areas of shared risks.
· Establish and maintain liaison with professional contacts within the security and intelligence communities, industry counterparts and Government and Law Enforcement Agencies.
· Actively supports security operations of projects/facilities without a security manager.
· Supports effective tracking and sharing of Security lessons learned and best practices to drive improvement.
· Ensures effective implementation of Security programs.
· Contributes to the design, implementation and testing of various recovery solutions for business critical activities to minimize risk to operations as well as responding and executing planned strategies during crises.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Security or Industry related field (Business Administration, Project Management).
· Minimum 7 years within the Energy Industry through all phases of EPCI project delivery or in an operational security position. At least 3 as Responsible in Charge.
· Equivalent Military, Law Enforcement or Operational Security experience acceptable in lieu of.
· In depth understanding of security concepts, theories and principles and basic knowledge of other disciplines.
· Formal qualification / certification in security risk management or equivalent and/or proven experience in a similar role.
· Knowledge of duty-of-care best practices in support of travelers to high risk countries.
· Corporate investigations management experience.
· Experience in recommending and implementing security technology, including CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion Detection, and monitoring systems.
· Experience in conducting physical security assessments, reviews and evaluations.
· Knowledge and experience with regulatory compliance requirements (ISPS/MTSA, CFATS, C-TPAT, VPSHR).
· Foreign language fluency (preferred)
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Job Field: Security (HSES)
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct / Regular
Travel Required: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting: Dec 7, 2018, 2:18:27 PM
Requisition ID: 1808684
McDermott is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.